• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

temp on die sensor and socket

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

donnydarko312

ok i have a moded coolmaster aquagate . The thermal sensor i placed next to the core is reporting 44.2 c and the tank sensor is 36 c .My on die sensor is reporting the same temp as the one i placed next to the core under the h20 block 44 c. The only problem is my socket temp is 12 c higher than my die and the coolmaster 56 c. Do you guys think it is a faulty sensor on the mother board? all is stable.

Either its the sensor of the program you are using to read it. Are you using MBM? If so, sometimes the sensors can be configured incorrectly. My case temp is 127° according to MBM :D

no its not this is a common occurance because the socket sensor is not right on the cpu die it is elsewhere on the mobo so it doesn't get the direct cooling of the wb like the cpu does. The temp is safe however so I would not worry. If it really freaks you out then place a fan on the other side of the motherboard to cool it.

thx guys you gave me some peace of mind . Those are full load temps by the way forgot to metion that. And i am using mbm 5

Back