• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seagate TAX on RMA HDD return anyone?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Exiler

k, I'm in Canada. One of my seagate 80GB HDD got bad, I RMAed it, they gave me option to ship it to oakville (Still in canada).

I shipped the item, once they received it, they send me a CERTIFIED REPAIRED HDD from TEXAS, now this came thru DHL courier service and SEAGATE marked it with a value of frekin $21.20 US !!!!!!!!!

Now there is a sticker on the box from the DHL guys that says I may receive a bill from them later regarding the taxes since its over the $20 CAD limit value.

I mean, WTF!!!!!!!! How can I be taxed for a damm RMA!!!! I bought the item here in Canada, I paid my 15% tax for it!!!!!!! Why the heck should I pay tax twice for a item that Seagate made thats DEFECTIVE!!!!!!!!!!

I tried calling the DHL guys, but I waited for like 30 min on hold, so I gave up, I'm gonna have to wait for the Invoice to come to me, so that I can dispute it then.

But this is frekin ridiculous, even on the Seagate site (I logged in), it says the HDD is taxable!!!!!!! I have RMAed Maxtor HDD before and they arrived from US and have never been taxed!!!!!!!!

Can anyone from Canada, who RMAed their Seagate please tell me if you have been taxed?

id call up seagate and tell them the situation and see if they will pay it/pay you back

Back