• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EK 1080Ti FTW3 waterblock screws

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just got home from taking the missus to a cardiologist; been gone most of the day. Have you found what you need Dino? I have m3 screws, just no m2.5.

That kit Austin linked is pretty cool. I have one like it, only I put it together myself & without m2.5.

Hey Robert! Hope you and the missus are doing good! Sending positive vibes!

Yeah I'm gonna snag that Kit Austin linked. I should have it alot sooner than EK's. I should have went this route instead of going with EK. Gotta get a fresh gallon of distilled water also. I'm also waiting on a new pair of Phanteks Fans for push-pull.

Ordered the screw kit that Austin linked ( Thanks Austin!), along with plastic washers. However I didn't order the hex bolt kit. 100 count is way too much when all I need is 1. Maybe a few more incase I lose one.

Today I should receive the fans.

*Update*

Good news: Ordered the screw kit that Austin linked.

Bad news: Shipping from China :rolleyes: Provincial International Huadiwan Sales Department has been received, solicitor: Miao Xueyun ZH1, Tel: 17724217935

Now it's a race to see who comes in first: EK from Slovenia or Amazon's China counterpart.

At least China's screw kit is already enroute. EK is still draggin their [a]sses with no shipping date yet. They keep replying to my emails with:

Firstly, let me apologize for the late response, we've really been overwhelmed with requests lately and we process requests chronologically.

Our shipping team is experiencing an increased workload and our processing times are thus sadly increased. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience. However, I have asked them about the tracking information. I will get back to you as soon as I receive an update regarding your spare part order.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Samo
EKWB Customer Service

This was last Thursday (6/9/22)

Oh what fun :rain:

*Update #2*

Welp, got the screws kit! I'm amazed it got here faster than EK's. So I can finally add the GPU block to the loop. As for EK, here's an email I got from them yesterday:

" Hey Wil,

please accept my sincere apology for the duration of processing your order.

I'm afraid we had to request a transfer order from a different location, which caused a prolonged delay in shipping out your spare part. I understand this is causing serious inconvenience for you, so I have personally taken over your case and will ensure there will be no further delays.

I have escalated your order to the head of the shipping department. Since this is a time-sensitive order, please allow me to get back to you by tomorrow at the latest.
Maja
Team Leader of the Sales and Shipping Customer Service"

At this point I'm not going to ask for a refund as I'm already in too deep. I might as well continue the waiting game and when the screws get here, they get here.

In the mean time this weekend I'll go forward with the drain and tear down of my current loop, and redo the loop with the Gpu waterblock & new rad. It's been a while since the last maintenance anyways.

Last edited:
Finally got it done. Pretty difficult working on my rig while I'm still healing from my surgery I just had. Since I couldn't lift the rig onto the table, I worked on it on the floor. Happy to report no leaks and I'm happy with the results.

Not sure if all 1080Ti's are heaters, but this particular one I have is a furnace! Idle temps are 27-29c and under full load gaming doesn't pass 40c. I reused the original backplate and under load I touched it and this mofo is letting off some serious steam! :rofl:

Attachments

• 20220618_111024.jpg
    20220618_111024.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
"Nutha Update"

Got fed-da-eff-up with EK, so I asked for a refund. The screw kit I got is more than I need. $32 for a set of screws from EK, and still after about a month the order isn't even filled, much less shipped. :mad:

Word of advise: If you have an EK product and need mounting screws..forget it. Look for alternatives.

Glad the screws you got worked, hate that it was that much hassle with EK though!!
Post magically merged:

And yeah, pretty sure the 1080Ti were all pretty good heaters

*Update*

Lovin' my cool runnin' 1080Ti! After hours of heavy gaming (SE5/FC5/Generation Zero) temps top out at 40-ish, Cpu temps hover around 55-ish. Still can't get the card to run 2100 on the core tho. Best is 2075 and mem at 6000. I did notice this particular card doesn't like voltage at all, so no amount of voltage will help. If anything it'll just crash even with temps so cool.

Guess I'll just leave it be and enjoy it as-is.

EK refunded me and even said the shipping was delayed and couldn't give me a definitive answer as to when it would be available. Ugh :-/

*Update*

Lovin' my cool runnin' 1080Ti! After hours of heavy gaming (SE5/FC5/Generation Zero) temps top out at 40-ish, Cpu temps hover around 55-ish. Still can't get the card to run 2100 on the core tho. Best is 2075 and mem at 6000. I did notice this particular card doesn't like voltage at all, so no amount of voltage will help. If anything it'll just crash even with temps so cool.

Guess I'll just leave it be and enjoy it as-is.

EK refunded me and even said the shipping was delayed and couldn't give me a definitive answer as to when it would be available. Ugh :-/
Have you done a BIOS mod? Have you used EVGA’s Classified.exe OC software? IIRC the FTW has the same build quality as the Classified so you should have some oc room.

Nope, no BIOS mods. Haven't tried the Classifieds OC software. Will check that, thx

Just checked; My card is not supported in the software.

Back