• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EK 1080Ti FTW3 waterblock screws

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nebulous

Dreadnought Class Senior
Purchased this waterblock for my card, but doesn't have the mounting screws. I contacted EK about them and they're more than happy to send me the ones I need.
However the shipping they provide is just 2 options: POST or DHL. I haven't seen a DHL truck in my area in decades and I'm not so sure if DHL even still exists.

So for those that have ordered straight from EK, can you give me an idea on how long it took for your stuff to arrive from them?

The answer varies dramatically depending on location...that said, if they said X days it got here on time.

What is "POST" btw? Are you talking the USPS?

Anyway, DHL still exists and their deliveries have been fine for me.

"POST" is what EK has posted on their site. Unsure what they mean by it. I'm in New York, so I'm just looking for a general idea of a time frame shipping wise. If it's going to take 6 months from the time EK ships the screws to me, then I'll look elsewhere.

So DHL still exists in other states? Last time I saw a DHL truck here was like 20 years ago. I remember seeing them all over the place, then poof gone.

Yeah, DHL is fine. I get a lot of stuff from Taiwan throughout the year and I don't recall an issue offhand.

As far as lead time, I'd imagine the EK site gives shipping time estimates to your zipcode... you can believe them. :)

I'm going to assume post means USPS. In my limited experience, USPS has been faster than DHL, they are a budget delivery company and I've had them take a week to deliver, where as USPS is generally within 3 days anywhere conus.

Best I recall EK ships from Slovenia. So POST likely means a combination of their local post office's international shipping service, which would have its end-leg fulfilled by USPS.
Knowing that you're going to be dealing with international here, I'd go with the DHL option.

They are shipping from Slovenia and it took about 4 days to get the package the last time I ordered something ... but to Poland, not the US. They were preparing the package for 2 days and then it arrived in 2 days. DHL will be much faster because of how customs work.

If you know the size, I may have some. Let me know and if I do I'll ship and we'll compare shipping times. Ham sammich says the USPS will be slower than DHL from Europe.

DHL partners with USPS. So if you picked that it will probably be flown here on a DHL plane then transferred to the USPS system when it lands.

Placed order so hopefully I'll get them before summer is over.
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo, they don't tell you an expected delivery date upon ordering??

DHL partners with USPS. So if you picked that it will probably be flown here on a DHL plane then transferred to the USPS system when it lands.
All my DHL packages came through DHL 'last mile' to my house (suburb of a large city). I guess my point is "YMMV". :)

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo, they don't tell you an expected delivery date upon ordering??

Nope. They got back to me stating they'll ship them out during the week and update me with tracking info. That was last week. Still waiting......

I have everything ready. The screws are what's holding me back :rolleyes:

Dino, let me know the exact size, diameter and length, and I'll make an inquiry. We spoke about the need for 2.5mm diameter, which I don't have, but I know people. Seriously. There are a couple of businesses that specialize in metric fasteners and tools that I have done business with over the years.

Dino, let me know the exact size, diameter and length, and I'll make an inquiry. We spoke about the need for 2.5mm diameter, which I don't have, but I know people. Seriously. There are a couple of businesses that specialize in metric fasteners and tools that I have done business with over the years.
Hey Robert! I don't know exactly the length of the screws, but the manual shows this:

screwsGPU.jpg

Austin strikes again! :thup:

See? When I grow up i wanna be just like you! ;)

Back