• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Urgent help needed!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rashal

Registered
I was planning to finally RMA my blacklines (xp3200 lv2) tomorrow, and then I figured I might be able to get some redlines from the RMA if I add a few bucks.

I'm planning to buy a pair of XP4000, or XP3500. I know the answer to this already, but I just wanna be 100% sure because I'm not taking any chances again.

Edit: some questions

1) XP4000 and XP3500 wont have any problems running on 200fsb, right?

2) Can the redline work ok at regular voltages like 2.9 or 3.0 if I run it on 200fsb? It wont harm the chips, right?

3) I'm planning to run this memory at 200mhz for a while (hopefuly a long while) untill my rig wont be enough for new games. Than I'll probably buy a new PSU and some cooling accessories and start overclocking. That's why I'm planning to buy this redline. But I'm wondering if this redline clocked at 200fsp will give me the same preformance as a blackline clocked the same at equal timings. I assume I wont feel a difference.

Thanks for your time :)

Yes you should be able to downclock Redlines to 200MHz with lover Vdimm. Also you will game same performance with LV2 and Redlines at 200MHz with same timings.

Back