• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which memory to go with

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Either get the OCZ Gold or Platinum Rev2s. The gold have UTT chips (good for decent fsb and tight timings) and the Platinum are TCC5 (or TCCD can't remember) which is good for high fsb and looser timings. The UTT also requires voltage (which the ultra-d is great for) and the TCCD does not.

If you want to run 1:1 with your cpu I suggest getting really expensive pc3200 (200MHz) and overclock the hell out of it or get some not so expencive pc4000(250MHz) and get a little overclock out of it. Both would get you at 1:1 running your HTT at 240-280 which is average for the 3200.

I'd reccomend the OCZ Gold. With a 3200+ you have the 10x multi thus 240 or 250 on the front side bus will probably be your 24/7 overclock for a 2.4/2.5ghz. In that case the Gold can run 1:1 if given the voltage (3.3 to 3.6v, I highly suggest mounting a fan directly over the RAM with voltage over 3.3v) wit 2-2-2 timings.

If you plan on Water cooling then the TCC5 @ 270/ 280 2.5-3-3 might be a better choice.

The benchmarks show that tighter timings are advantagous to higher RAM speeds with the A64 so that might weigh in to your decision. I'd personally go with the OCZ Gold because I love the tighter timings and the DFI gives you the voltage to get them and the dividers to get the most out of your RAM.

Back