• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEW AS8 version 18 bios update

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wrangler88

new bios update for the AS8 to calibrate the CPU temp, it dropped mine 10 degrees from what it previously had shown. according the the Abit forums its correct so go get your update today!

just updated it now, i'm not sure I believe the temp sensor at all anymore though. I'll have to get a temp laser gun and see if the temps are close to the same.

no C1E disable that I could tell.

I'm thinking that the Abit engineers aren't sure how to calibrate sensors. the temps definitely seemed more accurate before than they are now. I just can't see 40c full load as being realistic with a Prescott overclocked, considering my ambient temp is about 25c.

And this is showing me that my idle temp is 2* C below ambient with stock cooling right now.

well after a week of using this or so the temps are still down anyone think these are correct? or check to see if they are correct? i guess u could just stop the processor fan and see what temp the processor throttles at and go from there, ,whats an intel 640 throttle temp?

Back