• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Gold GX PC3500 + AN7???????problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kowalino

Hi everybody
Looking for some help regarding my recently aquired RAM.
I can not run it default speeds (FSB 217/ 2,80 vdimm/ 2-2-2-11 timmings)
I already tried raising RAM voltage to 3,2V to no avail.
If i loose the timmings to 2,5-2-2-11 i can go to 235FSB with 3,2V
Do i have a faulty Ram or my chipset can´t deal with 2-2-2-11 timmings at 217FSB???
I have an 80mm fan blowing right on the Ram.

Should i try 2t bios mod or maybe ocz booster???

Just can understand why i can not run stock ??? Confused???

Plase any input here is greatly appreciated....

If anybody faces the same problem .....

I was using tictac mod bios 15de81t, updated to 18de82t and everything working like a charm!!!!!
looping memorytest86 and if all is fine will aim for FSB240 2-2-2-11

Cheers ____happy again_____!!!!!!

I've never heard of that ram...

In any case, is this 2x512 ram or 2x256? If it's 2x512, then you're problem is completely common. That means that the problem existed in your memory controller. Yes, as you said 2t is the quick fix for it... although you will not get much higher than the 240-250 range. The highest I ever got with cpc off on 2x512 ram was 250.6fsb.

The NF2 chipset cannot handle too much of a bandwidth. You either sacrifice potential bandwidth by getting 2x512, or you stick it out with 2x256 and get high performance.

... or do what I did, upgrade to A64 and hope you get a good ondie controller. :)

240fsb 2-2-2 is pretty nice, though. Good to see that you're happeh. :)

Back