• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4000 Redlines or 4000VX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Personally I would go with the Mushkin. I just love that Redline stuff :cool:

Usually people end up doing 260-265MHz with their Redlines and some are getting even as great as 270ish for 24/7 use. As I clearly stated, I'd pick the Redline :)

Its a trade off, which is more important to you the best customer service and warranty in the industry or potentially a few more Mhz from an average set?

still, mushkin customer service isn't much to sneeze at either.

You can't go wrong either way. Get whichever one is the best deal at the time. The Redlines seem to clock a tad bit higher than the OCZ.

Mushkin is great... No problems RMAing and stuff...

I had some problematic blacklines, so I RMAed, added 20 more bucks and got back xp4000 redlines :p

The reviews on them are great, all sources report 1.5-2-2-5 stable as a rock on 250mhz. Personally I have them downclocked to 200mhz at the moment running 2-2-2-5 (when I'll want to overclock I'll just buy a new psu and start bumping).

Great costumer service and the best overclocking preformance on the planet... You cant go wrong with this thingies...

PS. especially since they got the new heatsink design on the redlines... looks great and runs very cool.

i would also reccomend the redlines. mushkin's tech support/ rma department is great. i was also able to upgrade my ram to the new redlines when i rma'ed some faulty sticks

Dread-Star said:
Mushkin Redlines!!! :D

I just got a set from the Mushkin Site w\the new heatspreaders.

This is my second set of XP4000's .

You can see some of my results here: http://www.ocforums.com/showpost.php?p=3893583&postcount=5

DREAD

270 with tight timings is simply amazing. You would need to run TCCD over 320 to even get close. I ordered some Wednsday and wish I had them sent next day air. They are the best performing sticks around.

Eldonko said:
Lol cas1.5. :rolleyes:
lol, was gonna say the same thing, there isn't any difference between CAS 2 and CAS 1.5, it is just a marketing gimmick.

What about warranty? That not important to you? If I buy a set of RAM from the classifieds or ebay, its nice to have a warranty on it.

Back