• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is my mouse better then yours ? which to buy...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DSM4Life

I play FPS a lot on line. I have upgraded just about everything on my PC and i am loving it. The only thing i really still have is my Microsoft optical mouse. I see all these cool "gaming mice" out there and wondered if they are better then mine ? I mean are there upgraded optical compents in them ? What makes them better other then having a few extra buttons ?

the optical sensors are more precise (you can set it so you only have to move your mouse like 1/4" and it will be all the way across your screen) and track better on different surfaces. even if you don't want it that fast, you can set it lower and it will be more precise than your current one (but it is arguable whether you will see a difference). most of the new ones have features where you can adjust the sensativity by just pressing a button, instead of going through software.

I was looking at this one LINK Click me and i am still thinking about it.

The one thing i cant get over is running out of ammo for main weapon in BF2. i then take my eyes off the screen for 2 sec to find my so called quick key to pull out pistol (reload takes to long) and POW I look up only to see my enemy running away and me ummmm dead. :p The quick button on the side would be perfect.

Also them sensativity buttons are right there to adjust while in game....pretty cool.

yeah, the g5 is top of the line right now. its a good choice. its only competitor is the razer copperhead which isn't actualy available in the US yet. they are basically the same mouse hardware, but different shapes and drivers.

Hi DSM4Life, good luck with your new mouse.
BTW, I think the best test to see how fast your mouse is, is to put a piece of cheese down on the other side of your desk. The mouse that gets it first is obviously the quickest. :) (I know, pretty cheesy joke)

rseven said:
BTW, I think the best test to see how fast your mouse is, is to put a piece of cheese down on the other side of your desk. The mouse that gets it first is obviously the quickest. :) (I know, pretty cheesy joke)

....ouch. You killed that thread pretty fast. Lol

The Logi g5 looks pretty awesome, Im axious to hear how its working for you. I'm still using my MS Intellimouse Explorer 2.0A (from like...3 years ago.)

I still want to know how didferent the G7 and G5 perform from my MX1000, not going to upgrade but im curious

rseven said:

...............ummmmmm yeah, i dont know what to say after that , :)

Well Its here. I cant stress the fact that I feel as though I am going crazy when I get worked up about a new ….mouse but this thing looks awesome. When a mouse comes with adjustable weights you have to ask yourself, what the hell am I doing! Haha This thing looks/feels sleek as hell and I can’t wait to get on the battlefield (2) tonight and config this thing. I ask myself at the end of the day is it all worth it, as someone walks past my desk and says cool mouse and I respond “Its not a mouse………..its a G5” , and they look at me like I am a alien…..yeah it worth it.

Thanks guys

Attachments

• 100_0561.JPG
    100_0561.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 52
I have heard vaguely of hardware damage resulting from 1000hz, but never from 500 or 250. If you have problems with 500, use 250.

Yeah i am at 500 now and will give that a try. I never even knew what polling rate was till now. Did a Google and come to find out that it can even effect online play by sometimes causing choppiness since by default windows runs at 8ms.

Last edited:
Back