• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

create winXP 64 ISO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

akuneko

as the title says i'm trying to create a windows xp 64bit install disk. i downloaded the required things through my school's microsoft software program. but instead of providing an actual ISO/Bin+Cue they only had a file containing the things that you would see if browsing a windows disk. i tried using the process that i did for slipstreaming my xp corp w/ SP1a but to no success. i've tried various programs e.g. nero on windows and k3b on gentoo w/ the bootable cd options but still no luck. as far as i know the disk is created but it always fails to actually boot into the disk.

these are the files i have to work with along with a blank bootable image that i obtained from the silpstreaming attempt.
xp641qa.png

nLite should allow you to use those files and create a disk for it...I'm not 100% positive that it will be able to make it bootable without the bootfiles already in it - but it probably will...you should give it a try

Back