• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ok, how do I flush my system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

netnexus

Registered
Ok, my res is giving me a BITCHLOAD of problems. It is leaking constantly, and copious amounts of silicon sealant haven't done the trick.

So now, I'm off to find a new resevoir. How on earth do I flush my system and empty it, so I can remove the wiring and start over? I am about to go out and purchase a new radiator. Sigh... it's a 3 hour trip for me until I find anything remotely computer related...

turn off your comp for one thing in case of leaks, then disconnect your lowest point of the loop and pull it down into a bucket and it that flow. Then work your way up the points of your loop if needed be. this is what i have been told in the past. but be very careful not to spill

Last edited:
as far as letting it all out, i would open the res (or the lowest part of your system) and tilt it into a bucket, let it all drain out, then disconnect it all.

see if you can get the pump out of the case, with your case ontop of your sink
and then unplug the intake to the pump..drain like that

Your question was how to flush out a system.

First off, I like using a t at the bottom of my system with about 6" of tubing going to a plastic ball valve. That way whenever I want to drain The best thing, I just whip the ball valve out of the case and drain into a bucket.

The best way to really flush I have found is I take a waterbed flush and fill kit and hook up the system to the kitchen faucet with a line open laying in the sink drain and turn on some water and force flush it out. After doing this for a while, I then just drain it all out, fill and drain it several times with a gallon or so of distilled water, and then refill. Here is a picture of my old computer doing this just to give you the idea of what I mean.

oldFlushing.jpg

What res do you have that is leaking?

Wow thanks for all the help guys, that was a life saver.

Well, out here in hong kong, htere isn't a real "cooling enthusiast" market. After about 5 hours, I couldn't even find a resevoir that would meet my needs (1/2") let alone a T-Line. I ordered the h20 ultra kit so it came witha res.

What I've done to block up the leak now is used some epoxy putty - resin and hardener. Worked like a charm. Cured in 3 hours, just got my pc hooked up.

MAN IS IT QUIET!

EDIT: Also, it was a real pain in the *** getting everything to fit in my tsunami TT case...

Last edited:
Back