• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thoughts on Tubing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I bought some for my WCing setup, but wont get time to put it all together untill this weekend. I've heard good things about it since it will be an extra safe guard against leaking (just use hot water to streach it over the barbs).

Yes it's amazing. I've used Green UV tubing from danger den which is like Clear flex and I really liked it because it can bend really nice but some say it stains easy. If you want green the green uv tubing would work great. I've also used some tygon and it was alright but it didn't bend as nice as I liked, but there are a bunch of different types of tygon that I didn't try. Right now I'm using the 7/16" tubing and it's what I'll use in the future for sure. It bends really nice and it fits so snug you don't even need clamps (trust me) which improves the overall appearence. Also I've heard that it doesn't stain. Plus it's REALLY cheap.

i'm using it, it works great, although slipping it over the pump barbs was a *****.

use the same tubing size. it came with my swiftech kit. it is really of good quality and i can attest to it be i too did not use any clamp on some of my connections.

I would still use clamps on all of your connections, just to make sure you dont have a problem.

I love the 7/16" MasterKleer so far. 25 feet for $15 shipped, and it fits great over the 1/2" barbs. Anyone know where I can get the worm clamps?

The best worm drive clamps are the "Type 430 Stainless Steel Nonperforated Worm-Drive Hose and Tube Clamps" on p. 213 from mcmaster. They are smooth lined and don't cut into tubing. You can tighten them down to your hearts content.

I have used tygon r1000, generic home depot and lowes, and mcmaster. The tygon was the most clear and super sticky. The mcmaster is easily the best value, and what I will buy from now on. It is pretty close to the same price as the generic home depot/lowes stuff and works significantly better. The bend radius is outstanding and stretches over 1/2" barbs without heating. I haven't had the mcmaster long enough to know if it stains, but I read other posts saying it doesn't. Mcmasters online order process leaves a little to be desired, but they did send my order out that same day and shipping charges were reasonable.

Back