• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

S23 Ultra Flagship Phone, . . . . Owners Club . . . The Good, Bad, and Ugly. . Thoughts ????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You didnt start a thing. ;)

Do you notice anything having to reload often with the 8gb? I have 8gb s22+ and don't play but a couple of games (golf, pubg, and candy crush). I don't have any issues with my use (typically chrome with a few tabs, Fairmail email client, pandora/Spotify, or hulu, and the games mentioned).

I've been struggling to find the price difference between s23 ultra models. How much is the 12gb 512gb vs 8gb 512gb?

I never 'have' to reload on this thing. Occassionally I clear it all out just as habit. (Blame Windows 95.) Everything runs very smoothly. No lag at all.

I think the option of 12GB vs 8 is about how much storage. I wanted 12GB but with 256GB of storage it was not an option. My device ran me $999 plus tax. To get the 512/12GB device they wanted $1349 plus tax. I just could not justify that much of a mark up in price. The 1TB version has 12GB as well but then your over $1600. Again a no go for me. I bought mine through the Samsung store @ amazon. I was going to post a link but this link is 5 miles long. And of course the 512GB version is on sale for the price of the 256GB version. Funny as I bought the 256GB version for the price of the 128GB which is no longer on sale. lol

Z

Last edited:
CPU-Z Screenshot and a Geekbench score. :)

Z

PS: BTW: Is that 3.36gHZ? . . . in a phone?? WHOOOOOO

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230817_145710_CPU-Z.jpg
    Screenshot_20230817_145710_CPU-Z.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20230817_151657_Geekbench 6.jpg
    Screenshot_20230817_151657_Geekbench 6.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I wanted 12GB but with 256GB of storage it was not an option.
Right. You can get the config, but only outside of the US, I guess.

I haven't run across a pretty chart that compares apples to apples, lol, and half the places I look don't show 8/12gb without clicking deeper into it, lol.

Samsung is doing this weird thing too. RAMPlus, it's basicly like a cache partiton used out of your (in my case) 256GB of storage. I read that it tends to beat up the storage a bit as its not just RAM. Guess it's like beating an SSD caching all the time. I have this feature turn off and I see zero impact on preformance. I'd LIKE to see them compare the 8GB vs. the 12GB. I would assume there would be some improvements but I would think the extra RAM means you can load more stuff at the same time. I doubt benchmark scores would go up much if at all. I'm hearing though that soon most all flagship phones will come with a whopping 16GB of RAM. That's another topic.

Z

That's good to know. I left mine on....

...even in Windows (I limit the swap file to 2GB). SSD writes haven't been an issue for what feels like an eternity now.

How about some images off that 200mp camera you got... :)

This was the only one of full resolution I could upload. Seems that 5.26MB file is too large. But yes get a good look at that. Even zoom in and see the reflections on the chrome. Also this is Ziggy, she has decided the computer is the place to lay. :)

Z

PS: Pardon the dust ;)

Attachments

• 20230508_185232.jpg
    20230508_185232.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
  • 20230806_131452.jpg
    20230806_131452.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
Ziggy chose Das Keyboard X50Q ?
Ziggy accepts no substitutions.

It's a Razor Blackwidow. ATM I do not remember what switches I have in it. IIRC I have Razors green or orange switches in it. Forgive me if I'm wrong. I have had this a couple years. It not the top model by any means but it does a great job for me. ERRRRRR I'm a bit off topic. lol. However, Ziggy accepts NO substitutions. She will have steak for dinner ;)

Z

Attachments

• Steak.jpg
    Steak.jpg
    942.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
not a flagship but feels like one after coming from a S9+, i got a S23. the S9 needed the screen and battery replaced for some time now. tmobile had a free S23 with a new line, i can drop my old line in 3months so the phone really cost $150+taxes of the phone. the whole phrasing trick can really get ya LOL. even getting my S9 fixed up it would still be about $250 all said and done. i do not upgrade phones that often, before my S9 i was rocking a S6+. sadly the battery got so bad it would only last about a day just idling or about a few hours of just browsing the web.

I'll be honest, after having the S23 for about 6 months I cant believe some of the things it does so well and so fast. Mid-range and budget phones just cannot compare. My friend has an S9 and other than its battery being replaced it still rocks. I do expect to use this phone for several years. I'm not the guy who replaces his phone when the newest tech comes. I hope my lil S23 will keep rocking for more years to come. Battery life on this thing is excellent. One last thing. Has anyone played around with the DeX feature yet? Thoughts??

Z

Back