• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

copper tubing compression fittings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I will be very interested to hear about the copper glue (saw your posts on another forum) works out.

As an ex-HVAC mechanic, not using sil-fos, solder, or brass ring compression fittings where needed is just a call-back waiting to happen. lol

I will be very interested to hear about the copper glue (saw your posts on another forum) works out.

As an ex-HVAC mechanic, not using sil-fos, solder, or brass ring compression fittings where needed is just a call-back waiting to happen. lol
Yeah, I did a lot of research on the stuff and I could find no negative feedback. It's been on the market for over a decade so I decided the risk was fairly low. Rated to 500 psi so it must be pretty stout. Crosses fingers... :rofl:

Everything is holding up so far...not a hint of a leak when I primed the system. Feeling pretty lucky for my first foray into hardlines. I already want to change a couple of things about the loop, but I'll leave it be for a spell. Still some work to do on the back side for cable management.

resized.jpg

Now I get to take it all back apart to re-polish and clear coat. :rolleyes: I was thinking last night that with some garden hose and worm clamps this could have been finished two days ago...

View attachment 365058 View attachment 365057
Ohhhhh I've dreamed of doing this! I LOVE the look of copper so this has me practically drooling lol

Did you solder those fittings or glue them maybe? They look like typical copper solder fittings correct?

I already want to change a couple of things about the loop, but I'll leave it be for a spell.
If you decide to rebuild the loop, consider long radius 90's. Reduces loop pressure drop over a short radius 90 & looks kinda cool (IMHO).

Ohhhhh I've dreamed of doing this! I LOVE the look of copper so this has me practically drooling lol

Did you solder those fittings or glue them maybe? They look like typical copper solder fittings correct?
Yes, standard box store copper tubing and fittings. This is what I used... https://www.ebay.com/itm/2333510168...d0LDO6_bOHa8lLl8DinIy_fidB_C1oERoCrOcQAvD_BwE Rated for up to 500 psi.
Post magically merged:

If you decide to rebuild the loop, consider long radius 90's. Reduces loop pressure drop over a short radius 90 & looks kinda cool (IMHO).
Yes, they do. There is also a compression variety out there with distinctive ridges that I really liked the looks of...could probably solder or glue them as well. https://www.ferguson.com/product/ni...s-coupling-(less-stop)-npc601ldd/3033922.html

You can't solder ProPress fittings, but you could probably glue them. Long radius ProPress 90 elbow...
You got me thinking about those fittings. I wonder how much pressure those internal o-rings would hold without any compression or glue? I have not had one in hand to judge the fit, but we are relying on simple o-rings on our termination fittings already and they don't leak. How easy and adjustable could a loop be if it actually worked? :D

Just to recap, I recently tried those ProPress fittings to see if they would work with just the o-ring...sadly they tend to weep a bit. Using the glue method they are fine.

This actually my second build with the MSI Project Zero motherboard. Below is a pic of my daily driver with a 8700G which is semi-passively cooled with a Noctua P1. I will likely never build another pc that doesn't take advantage of back connector motherboards...I just hate all those janky looking cables. Hoping one day integrated graphics get good enough to do away with the fugly gpu in the game rig as well.

View attachment 365050

She be chillin... (y)

View attachment 365051
I have seen that cooler before its fanless right?

Back