• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

copper tubing compression fittings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

67Elco

Hoping someone can direct me to the proper compression fittings for 1/2" copper hard line tubing. The OD is not 1/2", but rather 0.62 inches or 15.83mm.

Copper hardline tubing? You mean copper piping that you use for homes? That's an odd size.
Yes, the same as sold in box stores. I have seen it used for this many times so I know it is doable. It has been suggested that most use a 16mm hard line compression fitting in this instance...this must be the case as there is no other sources for something like this other than pc related vendors.

Ahh, gotcha. Unsure where you can find that particular size fittings as I don't use hardline, that's why I stated that's an odd size. I don't know anyone here that has used copper piping for hardline. I would think test fittings using different thickness of rubber O-rings to get the snug fit you're looking for.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Uh, no lol. I think others have been using 16mm hard line fittings for this. Since it's going to be on display I would rather have something a little more presentable so to speak. Did you collaborate with Witchdoctor on this? :giggle: You know me from Overclockaholics (rickss69) or TPU.

Been polishing fittings today by hand...what a pita.

Last edited:
Holy crap! Hey Rick. Long time no see. :)
Didn't recognize you. Thought you were just some dumb kid just trying to slam something together. lol

Nah, just some dumb old man trying to slam something together lol. Good to see you are still active buddy.

Btw, I confirmed the 16mm hard line fittings will work for copper tubing.

Another question - I have a BYKSKI pump/res combo that I am unsure about the outlets. There are 3 ports on the top of the upper chamber...one to be used for the inlet from the radiator, another which will be used for a fill port and the last one just capped off. My question concerns the 2 ports on the lower chamber, one port being slightly lower than the other. The lowest port simply opens into the lower chamber, but the higher port has some kind of extended tube which leads to the upper chamber and also extends downward toward the D5 pump. I have pressure tested it and everything is interconnected, so does it really matter which port I use for the outlet? It will also have a drain fitting in the same place thus I reasoned why not use the lowest port. Of course the other unused port will be capped off.

PXL_20240203_180551460.jpg

From the looks of it, yeah, you can use either outlet. Looks to be some sort of universal design so it gives you another option when mounting the res/pump. Nice.

This actually my second build with the MSI Project Zero motherboard. Below is a pic of my daily driver with a 8700G which is semi-passively cooled with a Noctua P1. I will likely never build another pc that doesn't take advantage of back connector motherboards...I just hate all those janky looking cables. Hoping one day integrated graphics get good enough to do away with the fugly gpu in the game rig as well.

daily driver.jpg

She be chillin... (y)

Chillin.jpg

Last edited:
Back