• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Make DVD bootable

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RIPSTER

I have been trying to make a bootable Win2K dvd but all that I can find is this guide, its for cd's not DVD's and is for Nero 6, I have Nero 7, Does anyone know where I can get a guide for a DVD, I attempted to use the same CD guide for a DVD but when I tried to boot the DVD it said NTLDR missing or something similar, I may have just made a mistake with settings but I dont have many DVD's left and I dont want to repeat the same mistake.

Sorry for the long winded Explenation

Thanx in advance

RIPSTER

Get a DVDRW. I don't know what else to tell you as I've downloaded Linux Install DVDs and booted to them just like a CD. Make sure your CD/DVD drive is your #1 boot drive, also I think there is an option in Nero to choose to make the disc bootable, but 9 out of 10 times the ISO will do that automagically, so I'd double check that too.

Last edited:
The size of the windows 2k install is like 2gb (slipstreamed progs), I tried again to burn the bootable disk and the same message cannot find NTLDR, I followed the instructions in my first post to the T but still nothing, Can anyone point me towards a guide for nero 7 and for dvd's

Well this pertains to Nero6 not Nero7 (Google is your friend) but I doubt much is different from 6 to 7. Anyway, seeing as how I have Win2KPro and it's on 1 CD but fully installed is about 2GB then I think I KNOW what you're trying to do with that and I can't/shouldn't help you with that. You will not get a missing NTLDR error message if you're trying to boot to an unbootable disc, however if that disc contained a full OS install that you were trying to boot to.... :shrug:

http://www.msfn.org/board/lofiversion/index.php/t29361.html

Back