• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin -vs- Crucial

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krome

This has probably been asked before...

But both have to be better than the PNY that I have on my (Compaq) system. It is running @ 100 FSB, but I will get PC 133 for future use. I have 2 sticks of PNY PC133 (128MB x 2) , but am looking into 512 MB (256MB x 2) since sisoft Sandra says that the max module size is 256MB.

Thanks for your opinions.

just get crucial as you dont need anything more than that with that system, i got mushkin DDR and it is good but still crucial is rocking memory, and it is cheap, just get that.

I say Crucial too. I'm just a die-hard fan of it. Got some more in today and I've made 7 orders in the past two months for it.

Can't beat the price and free 2 day air. Overclocks like mad too.

My Mushkin 2400 Sandra Numbers

Hello everyone this should be my first post here.
I would just like to say that I have a stick of 256MB PC2400 Mushkin memory in the system I just buit. (My First) Running at C2. The settings are 10*160. 2.65V to mem.
In my opinion it OC's very well, and is stable.
I can get it stable CAS2 to 163 before it gets unstable.
At that setting my CPU drops to 4.811 Volts, and Id be lying if I said the memory was getting anything close to 2.65.
I have a very crapy Power Supply, which I will replace soon, I hope. Then maybe I can break that 165 barrier I have set for myself.
I am going to try and post a pic of the Sandra Numbers at the setting I mentioned earlier. I believe they are OK, im not exactly sure what the numbers all mean. Maybe someone can explain it to me some day.

Woops.
I think I meant to say my +5 was at 4.811. Im not sure that the cpu is at.
Anyway the power is bad.

those are good scores for a non kt266a chipset., i have the kt26 also, and get a little lower. what are ou settings toget 160+. I mean are you at normal, fast , turbo, 4 way interleave? 1 or 2t command rate? what is the cpu speed and multiplier. I have tried foreer to break 1600 stable and cannot, i can run at 10.5x150 cas2 turbo settings, adn 2.7 mem volts adn that its IS. But it could be my power supply, its a 200Watt Max PSU

Well I have an ASUS A7V266 with an SK6 6500 TnT Fan on my 1.4 T-Bird. Im not sure of the type of T-bird it is, but it came fully overclockable. I also mounted an Evercool ND-8 on my northbridge along with another 6k RPM fan, which I will probably replace with a 3k rpm fan due to the noise. I read an article somewhere that keeping the N bridge cool helps. Maybe an ND-8 is a bit excessive, but that is my first ever attempt to build a pc so im a newb.
CPU: 10 x 160 @ 1.80 volts
RAM: is set to lowest everything. I think 2224 or something like that. I'll look at it again after i post this, and make changes if needed. It came with a purple heat spreader on it, i also mounted one of those thermaltake blue heat sinks on the spreader, and placed a fan on my case directly over the ram sink.
Probably overdoing it again, but ive heard worse.
RAM voltage is 2.65. I will try again at 2.7 maybe.
The asus temp reading on the mobo says 46c idle 50c load.
I hear they read a bit high, but im happy with 50c
Again my power supply sucks.
I have only a lan and agp card in there right now. no sound yet

Dang i gotta go back to work.
Later

Mushkin PC2400 CAS2

Got it to 9.5*165 tonight. I upped the voltage on RAM to 2.75 and left it at CAS2. The settings were all 2T and a 5.
Here is a pic of the Sandra score i took at that setting.

Back