• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

memory settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nickyhoward55

my asrock has auto set my memory timings and i think there off. if i set it to ddr400 in the bios i cant boot. what do you think? its corsair value select ddr400. i will be getting another stick so i can have dual channel.

Attachments

• mem settings.jpg
    mem settings.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 62
Do you have the FSB set higher than stock? If so, that's causing the BIOS to set the memory to the most compatible frequency.

Remember, DDR400 is 200MHz.

im running my fsb @210, but if i set my mem to ddr400 in the bios (you can only choose speeds) it wont boot, so i have to set it the setting below(cant remember what it is) and it runs at the setting displayed in the s/s. i just thought the timings were about fast, on my athlon system, they were 2-3-3-8.

Yeah those timings look a little too tight for value ram. I can't remember what the Asrock BIOS looks like, but there's no way to select timings? For some reason I'm thinking it was in a different menu....

there is a way to select the timings (you cant choose like1:1 or 5:6 etc). what timings do u rekon?

I would start off with 3-3-3-8 or around there and see what happens. I haven't owned very much value RAM, but what I have had didn't want to OC for nothing. Topped out at like 215mhz on DDR400.

Back