• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Go with Corsair or OCZ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

glass19

Registered
thinking of going with OCZ5002048EBPE-K

or the corsair TWINX2048-4000PT

both are dual channel, both are 1gig x 2 kits.

OCZ timing is: 3-3-2-8

Corsair timing is: 3-4-4-8

Yes, some big differences here in timing but I do plan to overclock...i understand that less tighter timmings are better for OCing.

I want to push my Toledo 3800 x2 to at least 260 hell even 270 FSB. I have a feeling that the Corsairs would allow me to do it.

which ones out of these 2 would you recommend?

Last edited:
You can always set the timings looser than the settings say - as in those are the tightest timings those sticks are rated for, but to push them to a higher overclock you can loosen the timings, but it would be hard if not impossible to push them tighter than they are rated for, so in general the one with tighter timings are better - in general that is, excluding generic brands that overhype their stuff

I've got a pair of 1GB OCZs running at 2.5-3-2-5 1T with the FSB at 330. This results (with a divider) in the memory running at 440DDR. Not too shabby. Find some Platinum rev. 2's.

Back