• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noob question on RAM OC for P5W DH Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC_Nubbie

Hey guys,

My rig in sig is my first OC patient ever. I've overclocked the FSB to 360 or 365 (cant remember exactly, and Im at work so can't check). I've read 3 guides so far about overclocking and they've all been very clear and helpful. However, for the P5W DH Deluxe specifically, I can't seem to understand exactly what I am supposed to be modifying and where in the BIOS to up my "RAM FSB" - as one online guide put it.

The guides recommend, for best performance, to get the FSB my RAM is running at as close to the FSB my CPU is running at. So if the real FSB for my CPU is currently 365, then shouldn't I be looking for a RAM FSB to change to 365 also? I can't seem to find anything like that in my BIOS

sorry all, I'm sure my question is totally stupid, but I did my diligence and searched for my answer on the web, but couldn't find a clear cut answer that made me feel confident enough to change something on my mobo in regards to RAM fsb.

Anyways, thanks for any feedback or help!

You shoudln't need to. Right now, the fsb of your ram is 400, so it's actualyl faster than what the fsb of your cpu is. You wont have to oc the ram untill you push you cpu fsb over 400.

mr. roboto said:
You shoudln't need to. Right now, the fsb of your ram is 400, so it's actualyl faster than what the fsb of your cpu is. You wont have to oc the ram untill you push you cpu fsb over 400.

really? great! so should I then mess around with Timings?

Just trying to get as much performance as I can for this gaming rig.

You could try tightening the timings, but I can't comment much on it. I actually have the same ram as you sitting here in the box, and will be using it once my conroe comes in and I build my rig. You probably won't notice too much though by doing it.

Back