• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4C800 Deluxe,Floppy is GANKED

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lokie

For some reason my floppy drive is not working right .I even bought a new usb floppy but i still cant install xp I tried more than one drive for the onboard floppy plus a bunch of different cables still no go.Weird numbers come up or it will say invalid system disks.Im using brand new floppy disks for this also.This bites because i just got this board and i cant use it.Ive done eveything in the bios to.Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

He's probably trying to use the onboard raid so unless he slipstreams an installation CD he will need a floppy for the F6 raid driver install. Curious if the floppy controller on the board is bad why the usb floppy didn't work. Any update for us???

Fixed

Well i figured it out.I have seen some software glitches before but nothing on this scale.It turned out to be the bootdisk software that i got off a previously reliable site was the problem.After trying several different ones it finally worked.The board is working great.I just installed an aerocool HT-101 all copper heatsink plus i have a thermaltake all copper northbridge heatsink coming today.Plus a OCX 700 watt power supply.I cant wait to put all of this together.Thank you for your replies and have a good one.

Back