• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 10 help :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I was referring to bypassing the MS creation tool entirely and just downloading the raw W10 .iso from the MS website. I had to do that to install W10 on a laptop.

I was referring to bypassing the MS creation tool entirely and just downloading the raw W10 .iso from the MS website. I had to do that to install W10 on a laptop.
This IMO is the best way. Put the. iso into Rufus and set according to your bios (mbr or gpt) and then you are good to go.

@op check my last reply in case you didn't see the edit I there in a couple minutes ago.

This IMO is the best way. Put the. iso into Rufus and set according to your bios (mbr or gpt) and then you are good to go.

@OP check my last reply in case you didn't see the edit I there in a couple minutes ago.

That's exactly what I ended up doing. It was the only way to reinstall W10 on a Dell notebook with zero bloatware (from Dell, anyway).

Alright so I finally got it!

So, I unplugged the disk drive and plugged it back in. And tried to reboot from CD uefi. It initially gave me the same aorus screen code 78 and I threw my head back closed my eyes and tried to think of more solutions. Couple minutes went by I finally opened my eyes and windows 10 started its thing. Good to go.

The first time it did it i let it sit all night hoping it would load but didnt. This time it just worked. Thanks for all of the help and information on formatting drives!

Glad you got it fixed. I have seen Windows installers hang like this looking for a valid A: or B: floppy drive. With no drives installed and the floppy controller active the installer will hang for for several minutes and then suddenly continue after it recognizes no floppies. Turn off floppy support in BIOS to fix. YMMV.

Z

Back