• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Patriot 5300 vs. Crucial 6400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blammo300

Registered
I am buying 2 gigs for my new system on a Biostar TForce 965PT with a E6300. I heard that 1.8v RAM worked better with E6300 so I was looking at the Patriot 2GB DDR2 667 (PC2 5300). But the Corsair is also good but costs $45 more.

Do you think this Corsair is worth the extra cash?

CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)

XMS2 is supposed to be really good. If I was gonna do it I would get the Corsair. I guess it all depends on the Patriot model though.

Memory compatability is about the motherboard not the CPU :) Try searching the manufacturer website and googling for what modules people have had success with.

:welcome: to ocforums

You need to see at what voltages you mb supplies when you boot it for the first time. Most of the time they boot at 1.8V for the RAM. So any stick you get should be able to work with 1.8V. If not get an el cheapo one, boot the system, go into the BIOS raise the voltage to the RAM specs and swap the sticks.

I would personally go for the Patriot even though they are no Corsair. They will boot right up at 1.8 and will do just fine over all. The Corsair is better, but if you are not looking for the get the absolute maximum out of your chips go with the Patriot.

Back