• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEW BIGT RADS!! MONSTERS!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well its about time!

im of the opinion that most watercooling parts could barely handle the load and were missaplied.

but i would never put 450 watts into that thing and expect anything close to good temperatures without screaming fans - and in that case, then why not just aircool in the first place?

i mean put some sane fans on it and go ahead and put about 200W through it, and enjoy the great temps and low noise.
sure these things are "rated" for XY.Z load temps.
but my opinion is that most of them are about double overrated.
in other words if you are going to water cool, dont put up with screaming fans and high load temps.

you should be within a few degrees of ambient and you should be able to sleep with the fans just fine. if not then the point of watercooling is missed.

to me that seems - one for your kentsfield,
and one for -each- of your 3459745KPR-ZOMG!!!WATTAGE SLI video cards.
might as well get a single 120mm rad for the chipset while youre at it...
yep, its a rant - but think about this stuff.

Wow, one of those cost more than my truck rad (new, not used), and my 4 SanyoDenki San Ace 120's, and the parts to mod the inlets.
One born every minute I guess.

orionlion82 said:
Well its about time!

im of the opinion that most watercooling parts could barely handle the load and were missaplied.

but i would never put 450 watts into that thing and expect anything close to good temperatures without screaming fans - and in that case, then why not just aircool in the first place?

i mean put some sane fans on it and go ahead and put about 200W through it, and enjoy the great temps and low noise.
sure these things are "rated" for XY.Z load temps.
but my opinion is that most of them are about double overrated.
in other words if you are going to water cool, dont put up with screaming fans and high load temps.

you should be within a few degrees of ambient and you should be able to sleep with the fans just fine. if not then the point of watercooling is missed.

to me that seems - one for your kentsfield,
and one for -each- of your 3459745KPR-ZOMG!!!WATTAGE SLI video cards.
might as well get a single 120mm rad for the chipset while youre at it...
yep, its a rant - but think about this stuff.

I am starting to agree, I am considering dumping my water gear because my temps are still around 40-44c load depending on ambient and I have top of the line stuff.

Hey_Its_Cole said:
I am starting to agree, I am considering dumping my water gear because my temps are still around 40-44c load depending on ambient and I have top of the line stuff.

According to your sig your cooling both a very hot CPU and GPU with a single rad...go dual or tripple and you'll see a difference in temps. I had a Opty 165 @ 2.9ghz and a 7800GTX similar to your setup and it never broke 38 ~ 40C under full load with a black ice pro II

ziggo0 said:
According to your sig your cooling both a very hot CPU and GPU with a single rad...go dual or tripple and you'll see a difference in temps. I had a Opty 165 @ 2.9ghz and a 7800GTX similar to your setup and it never broke 38 ~ 40C under full load with a black ice pro II

I am on a 3x120 radiator, I stay around 40c load but people with tuniqs are only like 5-7c higher.

Hey_Its_Cole said:

use a peltier.....it would put your top end parts to good use, and improve your results greatly...

well... i am building my own wooden computer case (see sig)

and it can easily fit 1 or even 2 of these.

8 120mm fans oooooo... i can smell the over clocking power. (but at that price might as well get a used phasechange)

how do you think this will compare to a thermalchill 120.3

Last edited:
I'm guessing this is fairly close to a PA in design so its just something HWlabs is doing to stay competitive although charging PA prices is ridculous, heck PAs wouldn't even cost that much except for import taxes.

The second they release a 4, 120mm fan wielding square rad... I'm sold.
XX
XX

And what's up with soo many rads being painted? Isn't there s single good pure copper heatercore out there?

I like that fact that these huge rads actually allow me to play with parallel cooling setups, if you tweak them and have a high-flow rad, you've got a damn good cooling solution with slightly lower temps... slightly... once you fiddle with it... a lot.

I'd love to see a
XX
XX

rad also but with the option to have barbs at either end so the first XX has barbs on front, the top XX has barbs at back and the option to switch the second barbs out and have it be a true four slot rad. That would be awesome cause you could set up two loops with one rad, or one loop with one huge rad.

someone get to work on that please.

:D

Yeah, since everyone seams to be going with a double loop instead of series, a two-loop rad would be cool to make it easier to wedge into a case (for those that do).

Back