• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

(VC)SDRam or........

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KILLorBE

What should I buy?
I know PC133 VC SDRam is faster than PC133 SDRam, but is it OCable?
Also do they have cas2 VC SDRam?
If not, is the VC SDRam faster than lets say Mushkin rev.3+?

I'm asking you this cuz I've bought and sold a few sticks this year, but the only stick I was really satisfied with was Mushkin.

Any suggestions?
It has to be able to do 140 2-2-2, it doesn't have to go higher as I'm gonna build a new system, and I'll probably take it down a notch (133) when I've build the new box.

BTW: Crucial is out of the question (too much for shipping).So is Corsair (I can get Mushkin rev.3+ w/ TT heatspreader for about the same price...$1 less:D )

TIA

Hmm, I've had no personal experience about VC Ram, but I'd say they won't live up to your expectations just to be safe. If your motherboard supports VC Ram, you'll most likely if not definitely get better bandwitdh compared to another stick at the same speed. The overclocking is what may dissapoint you. If you can't even find CAS 2 VC Ram, then odds are you won't reach 140 2-2-2. I'd recommend you do some searches and find out exactly how well it does overclock

Up the mem voltage if you can!!!

Its great!!! Just wish G-Cards could have the voltage upped with a button!!!

Hate doing mods on G-Cards....I modded my chip though! Got it from 10X to 11X my board @ the time wouldn't change it!

vc-pc133 ram

i have read alot about vc-ram
it kicked *** compared against ddr and rambus
syncmax makes vc-pc-166 memory cas 2
128 mb strips
part # v128mo8037
you can buy them online at
concord idea
4118 14th avenue (unit #4)
markham, ontario
canada
tel # 1-905-513-7686