• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will this work? Tubing questions...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lokitexas

So I took some advice, and was able to get some 3/8" tubing over the 1/2" inlets on the MCP655 pump. I put the end of the tube in almost boiling water for 30 seconds-ish, and used needle-nose to pull it up around the edge.

Now, my questions...

1. Will this work ok?

2. Should I worry about the tubing tearing?

3. Is this way better than the 1/2" to 3/8" converter fitting way? It seems so because the fitting seemed very narrow, but just wondering.

PS:
No, I dont want to go with 1/2" tubing. It seems to big and hard to work with. I like the size of the 3/8. I dont OC anything extreme, and dont care if 1/2" gives me 1-3 drop in temps. <---- Just because someone will say go with 1/2" :)

1. yes this will work

2. Tearing your tubing?... IMO, no, It will not tear. The force needed to break apart a length of tubing is considerable.

I would do the same thing If I had 3/8" and wanted to use a 1/2" pump. I would not use a converter... save the space, the looks, and a dollar.

I've done this before and it works fine. Infact, it's almost better because the inside diameter of that fitting is the same inside diameter of the tubing. I agree with you 100% on the 3/8 tubing deal.

Good job, it will last longer that you want, believe me :)

But as for the tubing, I have to disagree. Going from3/8 to 1/2 not shave only 3°C. It is more likely 10 - 12°C and that is considerable fact. Futhermore the more restrictive the loop is, the noisier the pump goes... ;)

Of course you are like it that way, so I STUFU now :beer:

Happy new year with it :D

trodas said:

But as for the tubing, I have to disagree. Going from3/8 to 1/2 not shave only 3°C. It is more likely 10 - 12°C and that is considerable fact. Futhermore the more restrictive the loop is, the noisier the pump goes... ;)

I run a 3/8" ID loop in my SIG RIG and would love to see a link to the info that can substantiate a 10c~12c temp difference from 1/2" vs 3/8" loop.

As for the pump noise, I physically have to touch my pump to tell that it's on (MPC350).

trodas said:

I would like to see this as well.

Back