• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AW9D MAX and RAID 0 problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

johneva

Registered
Aup

I am trying to get windows installed onto my new setup, I got 2 Seagate 250gig hdds and they are showing in the BIOS I have set it to RAID in the BIOS and also set the RAID size in the RAID menu but when it comes to installing windows it just says it carnt find the HDDs.

I have tryed the Intel SATA/RAID driver floppy disk and that was no good I have also tyed downloading one from the Abit website but still no good.

Any Ideas?

Cheers for your time.

johneva said:
Aup

I am trying to get windows installed onto my new setup, I got 2 Seagate 250gig hdds and they are showing in the BIOS I have set it to RAID in the BIOS and also set the RAID size in the RAID menu but when it comes to installing windows it just says it carnt find the HDDs.

I have tryed the Intel SATA/RAID driver floppy disk and that was no good I have also tyed downloading one from the Abit website but still no good.

Any Ideas?

Cheers for your time.

I had this exact same problem with the AW9D-MAX. What I had to do is get another hard drive and install onto that, then setup my RAID0 and run Windows from the single disk, install drivers, make sure that it can see the hard drives. I then copied the whole disk over to the raid partition.

I did have a problem with the drivers. When you first plug your Raid0 in and boot into Windows (from the spare drive), it may lock up. To solve this, boot without the Raid0 and force install the drivers. Then reboot and plug your Raid0 in. If that works, copy the hard drives.

Thideras

Back