• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant play DVDs, system out of memory?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oroka Sempai

All of a sudden, WMP11 is telling me I cant play DVDs because "Your computer is running low on memory. Quit other programs, and then try again." I have 2gb of DDR2, and rarely use more than 60%... right now it is at 40% and telling me I am out of memory.

Anyone have any ideas?

It said my page file was 2048MB, so I doubled it, restarted, still short memory :/

::edit::

I tried Windows Media Center and I get this:

WMC-error.jpg

Im gonna try to uninstall WMP11 and reinstall it.

Last edited:
WTF, it worked! What the hell is with that?

So I changed it back to the current date, and it dosent work anymore. I was watching DVDs a few days ago, and all of a sudden this happened. WTF?

Oroka Sempai said:
WTF, it worked! What the hell is with that?

So I changed it back to the current date, and it dosent work anymore. I was watching DVDs a few days ago, and all of a sudden this happened. WTF?

Dell had a problem with the date affecting how their decoders worked (programming bugs like that make me smile).

Just keep your date rolled back until they put at patch out for it, shouldnt be too long.

Ahhhh.... lisence expired, that makes sense. I will try to install my own decoder for WMP11, it says that WMC is out of comission till I buy a copy of RTM. Not a big deal, few weeks away.

Back