• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

spyware problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WeezleXX89

hey guys i got a problem on the myspace **** and now i have a progrtam thing with a pop-up window saying system Alert. How do i get rid of this stupid balloon i used spybot, registry mechanic, system mechanic and adaware SE.

I find that half-installed spyware/viruses (aka it got interupted by anitvirus auto-protect or something, but still managed to get half of itself on) can slide under - probably because not all the traces are there for another scan to pick it up.

Use Process Explorer (better Task Manager) to see exactly is running, and what files/dlls the process references.
Also run HijackThis to get another view of what's starting up.

ok i fixed the problem thank god lol. heres what i did i went into the registry and deleted the keys of the main program and looked up that files it run that i deleted it with unlocker which was an Explorer file but i was careful. the thing is i don't think i was infected but they made it look like it so i have to buy there stupid software.

WeezleXX89 said:
ok i fixed the problem thank god lol. heres what i did i went into the registry and deleted the keys of the main program and looked up that files it run that i deleted it with unlocker which was an Explorer file but i was careful. the thing is i don't think i was infected but they made it look like it so i have to buy there stupid software.

That means you had spyware =P, just not a full load, or whatever you had only managed to half-install itself, aka you got "half-infected" (personal theory, btw - someone may blow it out of the water)

My personal half-infection from ages ago was slightly more nasty - since it had embeded itself into explorer and winlogon, winlogon being the annoying one (shut that down = shut down windows). I had to use process explorer kill individual threads to get rid of the files.

wow windows shutdown? Holy ****, my buddies PC shuts down randomly but he scanned the system ans there were no infections. He used spybot, system mechanic and spyware doctor.

i see that you have already fixed it :)
it is better to use at least 3 spyware scanners (ad aware, spysweeper etc)

Back