• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which is the best option? (4x1GB vs 2x2GB)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
SLI ready memory?.. I cant wait till they make the SLI ready DVD drive.. anyhow.. Id go with whatever up there is the best bang for the buck (I believe its choice one.) Also,w hat OS will you be running with it? I believe XP wont even see 4 GBs of ram.

Overkill is what we're all about!

Go with the 2x2GB. However, I would be prepared to settle for 3.2GHz. The 2GB modules aren't known for overclocking. You'll need to push the FSB to 425 in order to get 3.4GHz. I can get prime95 stable at 3.4GHz, but it takes my system to the edge. Then again, I'm running 4 modules. I don't know what my RAM would do with only 2 modules.

Another vote for the 2x2gb.

Windows XP will see 4gb, as long as you run the 64bit version. Note: that rule applies for Windows Vista also.

A little bit of a thread revival now that people have had more time to oc different types of memory. If a person were to not care about upgrading to 8gb but wanted 4gb to oc well, would everyone recommend 2x2gb or 4x1gb?

SeasonalEclipse said:
SLI ready memory?.. I cant wait till they make the SLI ready DVD drive.. anyhow.. Id go with whatever up there is the best bang for the buck (I believe its choice one.) Also,w hat OS will you be running with it? I believe XP wont even see 4 GBs of ram.

LOL! No kidding... marketing is a wonderful/terrible thing.

Back