• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a good tualatin board that supports over 512mb?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigRed

Caffinated Member
ugh i cant find one :( i need a tualatin board that can have more than 512mb of ram. which rules out most of the good ones :(
anyone know of a *good* one for overclocking that supports more ram than the 815 chipset supports?
768mb is the MIN i need, lol.

I'm sure the ABit VH6T supports Tualatin, after bios flash. Relatively cheap also. Uses the via chipset if I remember.

is it any good for overclocking/speed though?
if the board sux and if thats the only one with large memory support. i guess ill have to put off getting a tualatin until a good one comes out.
or just jump to the northwood in jan.

most abit boards are good. the only bad thing i can see on that board is onboard audio. the some of the via chipsets have less memory bandwidth than intel chipsets so you may want to either run cas 2-2-2 or high a fsb to make up for it. via also has some p3 ddr boards.

the reason the Via Apollo Pro133A has bad memory bandwith is because 4 way interleave is disabled by defualt i dled the program to enable it from www.viahardware.com and my mem score is almost as good as the i815e but not nearly as nice as the bx....

Do you know if the program works for all VIA p3 chipsets? I have two 1GHz P3 procs laying around and I was looking at the VP6 but i've heard the story about the poor memory performance.

Ebola said:
most abit boards are good. the only bad thing i can see on that board is onboard audio. the some of the via chipsets have less memory bandwidth than intel chipsets so you may want to either run cas 2-2-2 or high a fsb to make up for it. via also has some p3 ddr boards.

You can disable the onboard sound on the ST6.

Back