• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with OC Celeron 2.4 Ghz (Northwood)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

morochow

Hi dudes !

I have a comp with Intel Celeron 2.40 Ghz (Northwood) with MS-6580 (Micro-Star) mainboard (chipset i845PE) can it be OC ?

Thanks in advance,

Chow

msi's boards from around then dont offer ocing settings. msi didnt start to offer any till p965 chipsets came out... just look at getting a faster cpu if its not to costly vs a new/upgrade.

msi's boards from around then dont offer ocing settings. msi didnt start to offer any till p965 chipsets came out... just look at getting a faster cpu if its not to costly vs a new/upgrade.

huh?

I had an MSI 875x something or other. It lasted about a week before a capacitor started leeking, but I am sure that I recall it haveing OC options? :confused:

Are you sure?

huh?

I had an MSI 875x something or other. It lasted about a week before a capacitor started leeking, but I am sure that I recall it haveing OC options? :confused:

Are you sure?

hmm im not completely sure but i know people didnt start talking about msi and ocing till the 965 based boards... if they had it on 875's they maybe it was there first attempt but rather nill options, im just going from memory here...

I had a 865 (or 860 something) MSI board for my old pentium 4 system back in the day and it did have OC options (until I updated the bios...)

Well you wouldn't make a very good elephant then
if it were a question about a abit ai7/ic7/is7 (865/875) or asus p4p800/p4c800 boards i would be more usefull.:)

was just tring to help him out since no one else showed interest...

wow blast from the past, yea i know its not correct now... but thanks for the post!! :)

Back