• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Raid to new mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sp33dball

Hey,

I got a raid-0 setup on my current motherboard (P965-DS3) and soon I have a P35-DS3R coming, would transferring the raid over be much of a problem?

Should I expect to do a clean install or should it pick up alright? I usually do fresh installs when I do a hardware change such as this, but right now I don't have the time to have a computer down for that long.

Thanks!

I don't see any way of getting around a clean install. Completely different raid controllers

Just look at the bright side, you'll get a significant performance boost by migrating your raid from JMicron to ICH9R ! :D

Just look at the bright side, you'll get a significant performance boost by migrating your raid from JMicron to ICH9R ! :D

I hope so! :D I'm hoping I'll get a little more out of my Quad also with the P35, but if not I'm happy where I'm at.

What drives do you have there ?

Since you will be juggling those drives by re-creating the raid & reformatting both of them, ever consider Matrix Raid ? :D

2x SATA 160 Western Digital 7200, I would really like to do a Matrix raid but that would mean either a mobo that supports it natively or a raid card. I'm already set to go for the DS3R (No Matrix sadly) and don't really feel like spending extra for a raid-card, can't really justify the money for 2 7200's :p...

Now if I had a few Raptors...

Back