• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I love Woot!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SeasonalEclipse

Woot.. Erm... Bad Shipping?

So I ordered a Brown Zune on woot monday and today i got this email...

Dear SeasonalEclipse,

A decision has been made without you on your recent Brown Zune order from the 22nd. I will be transparent about this-I can only hope it meets your approval.

Yesterday, as our warehouse wrapped up the Zune shipments, an unexpected shortage of brown zunes was reported. A rather large shortage in fact. It turns out we ran the brown zune blowout so quickly, some 1400 from previous shipments had not been removed from the inventory numbers. Not good.

We made the emergency call to substitute BLACK zunes to complete your shipment.

While many did not care about color, and some may perceive the black color to be a higher value (correct at least from Woot's financial perspective), the dilemma was of course it wasn't what you ordered. Unfortunately, we also had little time to act as we were at the fringe of shipment expectations already. The story does get better, however; we were able to persuade our marketing minds that this was a good opportunity for their budget to expand:

We have included a bonus: A Microsoft Zune Travel Pack has been shipped with your order

The Zune Travel Pack has 5 products including the Zune Premium Earphones, Dual Connect Remote, AC Charger, Sync cable, and a decent bag. These are new retail boxed and carry a Microsoft MSRP of $99.99. Information from Microsoft and links to street pricing are here: http://www.zune.net/en-us/accessories/zune/zunetravelpack.htm#

While your orders left our building only recently, they are on their way. I hope that those of you who are fans of the brown zune find our emergency solution to be acceptable-it was a rather expensive action. Due to logistics delay, there was no time available to make this an opt-in program (or everyone's zunes would not ship until next week.) As things stand now, if this solution does not meet with your acceptance, we're down to a last resort of issuing a call-tag to pick it back up (once it arrives) and issue you a full refund. Please contact [email protected] if you know in advance that you'll need to return.

Thank you for your understanding and support of Woot.

Matt Rutledge
founder, CEO

on behalf of Woot Member Service - [email protected]

So im happy! I just hope FedEx updates their tracking soon.. It was shipped out supposedly on the 25th and its supposed to arrive on the 27th but it still says the shipping info has been transmitted.

Last edited:
Damn... nice. Anybody IMHO would prefer black to turd coloring... And a $100 bonus. If they're on resellerratings or BBB go and post a positive review. Too many people use them only for negatives and not positives.

Damn... nice. Anybody IMHO would prefer black to turd coloring... And a $100 bonus. If they're on resellerratings or BBB go and post a positive review. Too many people use them only for negatives and not positives.

If they are I will, Once I get the Zune. Fedex tracking is either slow, or they havent got the thing yet.

Dang, I ordered 3 of the black zunes and they shipped just fine. Im glad to hear those who didnt pick black but brown (colorblind?) yet because they didnt have one, they shipped a black one, and included a $100 travel pack......omg

/grats

Dang, I ordered 3 of the black zunes and they shipped just fine. Im glad to hear those who didnt pick black but brown (colorblind?) yet because they didnt have one, they shipped a black one, and included a $100 travel pack......omg

/grats

Color blind? No.. The brown ones were for 85 shipped.

Gah does Fedex ever update their tracking? Or is the package not even shipped? It was suppossedly shipped out ont he 25th and still has the status of data transmitted. Its supposed to be delivered today.

:)
FedEx = poor tracking, great shipping
USPS = so-so tracking, so-so shipping
UPS = great tracking, poor shipping

Oh snap..

Response (Kathleen C.) - 10/27/2007 09:17 AM
Dear Allen:

We received your inquiry. Thank you for contacting FedEx.

Our records show that while the shipper has generated a label for this package, it has not been tendered to FedEx for delivery. Please verify the shipping date and airbill number with your sender and email us back with the information or you can make another attempt to track your package on our Web site: http://www.fedex.com/Tracking

We hope this information is helpful. Again, thank you for contacting FedEx.

Kathleen C.
FedEx Customer Service

Woot= TROLL!!!! Lol kidding.. but still.. they sent me a email saying its been shipped, then they changed the account status to shipped, but the tracking number they gave me states it isnt shipped.. Arg.. So I sent a email to woot demanding either a refund monday or for them to get the shipment sorted out.

Soo what are the chances of me getting this all resolved? Iv heard horror stories with woot support.

chill out about the shipping dude.

They probably packed it, put a label on it and put it in fedex's system and they are just waiting for the driver to come pick up a their warehouse, not a big deal.

chill out about the shipping dude.

They probably packed it, put a label on it and put it in fedex's system and they are just waiting for the driver to come pick up a their warehouse, not a big deal.

:D

Heck the buyers got a free upgrade and sprinkles. Woot admitted there was issues and a major mistake of sorts.

So let it slide for a little bit and relax. If after a certain point, you feel the deal is not good enough cancel the order.

:D

Heck the buyers got a free upgrade and sprinkles. Woot admitted there was issues and a major mistake of sorts.

So let it slide for a little bit and relax. If after a certain point, you feel the deal is not good enough cancel the order.

Deeeep breaths lol.. Well they said it was all already shipped off.. So I sent a email to Woot anyway Saturday telling them to get it shipped or refund me.. I didnt say it in a rude way either.. just... You know.. I want it... or I want my money.. Stop holding the zune and give it to me.. or stop holding my money and give it back to me. I hate long waits. And almost everyone else has gotten theres too, even the people who got upgraded..

Woot! is still one of my favourite companies, after all these years. About 3 years ago, I ordered something, (I don't even remember what) and for some reason, Woot!'s billing software had a nasty hick-up. They charged me about 25 times, which cleaned out my bank account, as well as threw me into an over-draft condition. That next day, I was supposed to be going to Las Vegas, to visit famly. I got on the phone with Woot! (Yes there IS a phone number, I was persistant.)

I wasn't the only one who was overcharged, people were screaming all over their Forum.

The result of my call, the guy on the other end of the phone call, asked me for my Paypal account number, and I got a rather substantial gift. Also, by the next day, all the bank issues were resolved.

For me, Woot! ROCKS!

steve

There is a number? could I have it please? I cant find it ANYWHERE.. I looked on the BBB site and even their profile of Woot doesnt have it. I have yet to recieve any emails back from them yet... this is rather upsetting. I mean 85 dollars cleaned out my bank account. (No job really) So... yeah.. I was expecting to get a Zune.. in a realitively quick fashion. Bah.. ill give em tomorrow (or some of tomorrow) to sort the problems out since fedex isnt open on mondays.. but if it isnt fixed tomorrow then I will be filing a complaint to the BBB on Woot. Its just the fact that they lied to me.. thats what gets me.. they said it was shipped out in the email posted above and the status is shipped.. but the tracking number states it isnt... arg... They could have at least emailed me and informed me whats going on if anything.. but this cold response makes me fee as if im not being heard out at all and their just deleting the email.. I know im whining... but.. all im asking for is customer service... Is that really too much to ask for from a company I bought something from? I do get worked up over it cause I have nothing else to do all day.. lol

Last edited:
Great news! Its shipped! Im happy! lol I thought the worst as always.. supposed to be here the 31st! woohoo!

Back