• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Physical difference between the T1 and A1? (evga 680i)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChinStrap

Physical difference between the T1 and A1?

i want to move from this Asus board, ive tyred three Different Bios’s – no dice.

From what I have read online that the 680i from eVGA – is a good clocker for Quad (which I have now)

Everywhere I sold out of the A1’s but I have a chance to pick up a T1 –

Do the T1’s have the same physical updates to the chipset’s so they can handle a quad? I’m looking for 3.2 on AIR (u120E) till I move to water (this winter) then I wouldn’t mind hitting 3.6 or so.

So are the T1 and the A1 the same?

It has something to do with the power plane IIRC ;)

So yes, something physical.

Neither of them are coming back in stock at newegg. They've been discontinued, I'm also in search of a sli capable mobo for 2 8800gtxs, if you find anything please let me know.

@dipspit - You might want to re-think running (2) GTX's. 2 GT's are half the cost, and will be very close in performance. Also, nVidia may be planning to release the GTX's successor, so now is probably not the best time to be picking up some GTX's.

Just my $0.02.

I got my gtxs like a year or so ago, before the ultra was out. I just need a new board, old one was physically damaged.

I thought the gtx was still putting a pretty big hurt on the gt though, am I wrong?

The GT, due to its high clocks, can definitely compete with the GTX at resolutions up to 1600 x 1200. The performance gap has closed considerably due to the GT's 112 stream processors. However, once you start cranking up the resolution and AA/AF, the GTX pulls ahead by a pretty decent margin due to its larger memory bus width and larger frame buffer

If you already have the GTX's then you're fine. I thought you were planning on purchasing them, and in that case the GT's are a much better bang4$ option. The GTX's will still beat the GT's, but not by much.

Back