• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer Keeps Saying CMOS CHECKSUM Error - Cant Get into BIOS!@

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

anwar1337

I just made 20 computers for my lan center and every computer is giving me this error.

I have an E6850 + ABIT IN9 32X-Max 680i Motherboard.

Every time i power on a computer, I'm given a random CPU speed, like 583 mhz or 734 mhz. The computer recognizes what CPU is inside, it says e6850 @ 3.00ghz, but right above it, it states the actual speed its running at. Now when I try to enter bios all i get is the top left blinking _ thing and it just sits there.
Im assuming I need a bios update because our Server computer has all the same parts as these pc's besides the ram and CPU(Quad Core 2.40ghz) and that computers working fine.

The ram in these computers is Corsair Dominator pc 8500 2GB(2x1GB)

Can anyone confirm that its a bios update thats needed?

:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head

Last edited:
It says to use a floppy to update the bios, so would a USB floppy drive be recognized by the bios? Or no?

Does CTRL+ALT+DEL work during POST? It sounds like it's not seeing your (USB?) keyboard, I'd clear CMOS and try again.

Tried clearing CMOS, and it still does the same thing. It is recognizing the keyboard because the capslock button works and flashes on and off if u keep hitting it. The bios is from 2006 it seems but I cant make a bootable bios flash disk.

First i got a usb floppy drive and made it bootable, try to copy the bios files and its too big so it wont fit on a 1.44mb disk.
Then I try a CD, followed instructions online from this random guide and it would half boot but then stop in the middle, Anyone know of a good guide for making bootable bios cd's?

Just wanna say, if someone else has the problem and can't solve the problem with the above answers. Then it's usualy the battery that's has been running out or the power supply that isn't enough for the system when it does like that.
Those problems mentioned are typical when the computer is running low on power.

Back