• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my mag 3 pump is rather loud, any way to quiet it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hypertek

yah so i got my setup up, but it is rather loud.. maybe its the impeller?? should i glue the shaft and prop together? i did that wiht my old via aqua as per suggested to quiet that , would this trick do it for the mag 3??

grr the noise!!! and i think i wanna rock some quieter 120mm radiator fans any recommendations on some quiet fans?

hmmm mine is loud for some reason, imma rip it apart tomarrow and check it out

back in the day I used a danner 5 and it was loud due to an impeller problem. there are mods you can do to the impeller to make it near silent, except the normal vibration. look for those mods.

Build a simple case for the pump. A small, sturdy plywood box and stuff the interior with acoustical foam (= any kind of soft foam).

ok this pump died... didnt last very long.. debating if i should just take a chance and get another one , maybe that one i got wasnt a good one, or just try another alternative.. If i try a different pump, ill have to redesign my loop system. Right now i made this pvc resorvior that has a 1/2 thread on it that is bolted directly to the inlet of the pump, makes for reasy filling..
l_b424692cb4786c9a5bc8d4b8297fa3b3.jpg

right now i threw my via aqua back in.. its alll glued together to resist leaks.. and is quiet, but i want something else..

Did you try moregooder's suggestion? I've found putting gel material under the pump really dampens it's vibration (I use a Mag5 which is even louder than the 3). I struggle to hear it over the fans with a nice soft base

Back