• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel DG33TL - DOA?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

corpsejockey

N00b squad Member
Mobo double boots, but never posts. Fan spins up, but no video. I don't get any beep codes even if I power on the unit with no mem installed. Tried different psu's and mem sticks. Also reseated cpu. Pretty sure it's doa, but any suggestions would be great.

what ram (models) have you tested in the board? nothing is going to happen without ram in it. cause once the board detects no ram it just sits there, all boards do that. start from scratch, what parts in this build are we talking about?

That board only handles 1.8v memory. Make sure you're not counting on the memory you're placing in it to 'clock down' it's needed voltage.

I offer this advice as my roommate did retail edge along with myself (q6700 & that same board arrive tomorrow YAY!) and his 2.0v ram he bought from a local shop results in the exact same symptoms you're talking about.

I thought I'd get 1 long beep repeating with no ram installed (this has been true for almost every board I've ever owned). I tried no name 512mb (elpida pc5300), infineon 512 (infineon pc6400), wintec 512 (infineon pc6400), patriot 1gb (micron pc6400), ballistics 1gb (micron pc6400) - single stick in each slot. Tried pc p&c 850 and an evostream 720. Using a 3.0ghz prescott (working pull). All this was done with minimal build (mobo, cpu, ram, and psu) inside and outside the case. Granted, the microns may need more voltage, but I thought I'd try anyway.

Is it normal for these boards to double boot like the p35's?

Retail edge board was the same last year (very picky about ram). Last ditch effort, I'll snag my g.skills out of another rig tomorrow before I rma.

Back