• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Big case not enough room.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UmHelp

I am in need of some routing assistance. My system as it is now is pretty sweet imo but i cant fit my hdds inside because the tubing/ various other stuff is in the way and it is very tight do it doesn't want to move out of the way. So I am going to redo it all.

Here are some pics if you have any ideas as to what I can do let me know.

I am going to have 6 fans on the front outside when i get all my hdds in there.

Sorry for the small images but imageshack made them 800x600 for some reason....

Basic info about the system:

2 computers on one big loop.
GPU 1 -> cpu1 -> rad 1 -> cpu2 -> gpu 2-> rad 2 -> pump.

cpu 1 = intel P4C 2.8ghz
cpu2 = core 2 duo E6700

GPU 1 = nvidia 7600gt
GPU 2 = nvidia 7600gt

radiators = thermochill 120.3
pump = panworld something or other.

8 or so hdds??

fans = panaflow something or others.

case = mountain mods duality.

not sure if you can see it or not but there is a T-line right before the pump. I would love to put in my EK multi-res but not room atm.

The system has been sitting like this for about 4 months now so its time to actually finish the project i started 4 months ago haha.

Last edited:
Fan fetish anyone? :beer:

Have you considered using 2 tower cases and modding them into one unit? It would give you plenty of room for everything you have there without having to give up anything other then the current case you are using.

:eek: Wow! That's a lotta' stuff to pack in there. :)

My suggestion would be to relocate the pump. I'd set it upright just behind the HDD bays on the right-hand side and point the outlet toward the CPU. Flip the middle rad over so the barbs are pointing down on the RH side and put it's outlet straight into the pump. The only catch would be the T-line. If a "T" will fit between the pump and middle rad in their new location you could mount your multi-res at the end of the "T" instead of in-line.

If a "T" won't fit between the rad and pump I'd be very tempted to modify the middle rad a little. If you add a barb where the bleeder screw is you could mount your multi-res there, horizontal or vertical as you see fit ...

yea it would be a challenge to fit the T-Line that way. I think it would also be a really tight squeeze for the inlet of the pump. The loop uses 1/2ID tubing but the pump only takes 5/8ID so I need to throw in some a converter, which takes alot of room up.

maybe if i drop the silver tubing it doesn't bend as tightly as other tubing.

if only i had money i could buy smaller pumps. although im not sure i could even find some that are as quite and powerful as the panworld pump is.

as for modding two cases together hmmm... Currently I am dirt poor so I couldn't afford to buy to cases. Maybe this summer I will just build my own case from scratch.

But for now I need to get this beast a workin. If only it was 2 inches longer :bang head:bang head. I don't know who thought they could ever fit two WC'd PCs in this case.

1/2" ID tubing should work over a 5/8" OD fitting with some hot water to help. I use 1/2" ID tubing and clamp it over to 1/2" copper pipe (5/8" OD) all the time. Just put the tubing end into ~1" of hot water and 60-90 seconds, it makes the tubing more flexible.

I've even managed to get it over the outside of a 1/2" copper fitting (~ 3/4" OD), but that's more work, I have to use hot water and trim the tubing. I take a razor blade and trim about half the tubing thickness at a 45° angle from the inside making the effective ID ~5/8" and leaving the outside of the tubing untouched. A neat trick I picked up here at OCF! :) You have to get the tubing really warm (after you trim it) for it to work, though, and it doesn't hurt to heat the fitting a little so you have more time to push it on before the tubing starts getting hard again ...

Last edited:
Back