• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Details! How tight?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spbeyond

Registered
Hello all! I am installing the backplate, q6600 and waterblock on my motherboard. But I have a couple of questions. (The guide doesn't have any details like how tight and stuff.)

1) Which washers? In the kit there is 4 plastic washers and 4 of the little red, insulator washers. I assumed that is is the little red insulator washers. But i cant see anywhere what the plastic washers are for.

2) There are the spacers that you apply after the washers. Okay now how tight do I install those? (So now its going, H bracket>Insulator pad>Motherboard>Washers>spacer) I put a screw driver on the back and held onto the spacer and it was getting pretty tight. I am worried about damaging the MB.

Thanks for the help everyone. :)

A little more info on the parts you are using would help others help you.

Looking at your other post in this section would suggest that you are using a thermaltake kit, as to which kit that is,:eh?::confused:

Kandalf LCS. Most of the LCS is going to be replaced asap. (Probably within 6 months) But for now I just need to know how tight to fasten those screws to the MB. Thanks :)

Can you see the mobo bend at all?
If so that is most likely too tight.

How I check to see if my water block is tight, is to try to move the water block by rotating it just a little, that way I can feel the tension between the block and the IHS.

And make sure you tighten them evenly.

Back