• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pumps - Your advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LucrativeFuture

Registered
I was thinking of using two Eheim 1250's on my cpu-nb-gpu loop. Would this dump too much heat into my loop or cause any other problems? Are two pumps necessary? I just fear a pump failure that would destroy my cpu/gpu.

Thanks

2 pumps will cause issues for the pumps themselves.

If one pump pumps a bit faster then the other one, the slower pump can have issues after a while.

You really dont NEED 2 pumps either.

Get a quality NEW pump, be sure to test it and the chances of it failing are pretty low. Considering you are debating Eheims I doubt you would have an issue.

I thought of that issue myself. I was thinking of dividing the line before the two pump intakes and bringing it together after the two outputs so it wouldn't create pressure issues. Would this work if the pumps weren't in series?

Attachments

• WC Loop.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 122
I thought of that issue myself. I was thinking of dividing the line before the two pump intakes and bringing it together after the two outputs so it wouldn't create pressure issues. Would this work if the pumps weren't in series?
That would make three mistakes:
Rumming pumps in parallel
Rumming two pumps at all (especially Eheim 1250s)
Posting pics in a Word file.

Back