• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP P5W DH & e8200!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

updawg

StarCraft II Fanatic
I just bought an e8200 out of the classifieds and if I try to change the vcore the lowest setting is 1.45v. Also if I try to overclock and it doesn't work I have to reset the cmos and take out the battery, its such a pain. I never used to have to do this?!

Please Help!

Do you have latest bios for that board that's supports that cpu?. ♠

+1 for that comment. Make sure you have the latest bios revision for that old board. And I also think that you will need a newer chipset to realize the full overclocking potential of that processor anyways. The old P5WDH isn't the best at fsb overclocks in my experience.

I have the latest bios, from playing around with clocking I found out that touching the multiplier makes me have to reset the cmos. I can only push the chip to 400x8 which isn't bad, but this chip hits 4gh all day on other boards. I guess it is time for a new board.

Back