• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5E Deluxe and pentium d 820

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bama9393

Newbie here. This is a nice site very informative. Well for my first question,be easy. lol . I am thinking about buying a asus P5E Deluxe motherboard and was just wondering if it works well with a intel pentium d 820. I was doing some reading on the net and saw that a few motherboards would not use the pentium d as a dual core but as a single core. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

I don't see why it shouldn't as it is listed that it supports
Code:
CPU Type  	Quad-core / Core 2 Extreme / Core 2 Duo / Pentium

I would how ever recommended using a core2 duo or quad.

upgrade

I am using a d 820 because that is the only extra cpu I have laying around. Later I want to upgrade to a Quad Q9450 that is the reason I chose this mother board it will go from a old cpu to the new style cpu. I am going to use my 5300-667 memory for right now do any of you see a problem with that? I did get a new fan it is a OCZ OCZTVANQ Vanquisher do you think it will keep it cool? I really do appreciate all your help. This is really a great sight.

Back