• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NOOOOoooooooooo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Godfather1138

The Wal-Mart closest to me stopped selling DryIce :cry:

I haven't checked the one across town, or the other market that carried it yet. This made me very sad though b/c I was going to make some runs tonight with my QX6700 and my new 9800GX2 :(

No Krogers here anymore. Have Harps/PriceCutter and they still carry it as far as I know. I think it is more expensive than it was at wal-mart though.

You know, they stopped carrying it around here also. When i asked why they said they can't sell it anymore because you can make bombs with it :rolleyes:

walmart sells dry ice??? wtf... under what section? anyone from canada know where to get it?

Not sure if you have any Safeway grocery stores in your area, but thats where I get my DI.

I've got 3 near me, I'm assuming it's something you have to ask for? As in "go get me some Dry Ice from the back room"?

Yeah, the Wal-Marts here had a DIce cooler up front. You would just grab what you need and take it to the register. They told me they don't have it anymore b/c it didn't sell very well. That was just from the clerk so that may not be the case. She did say that they have had a lot of people asking for it over the last week though after they got rid of it.

Which reminds me, Halloween is upon us. why would you stop selling dry ice during its biggest selling time?

Dunno. Sounds silly to me.

So what's the deal? If you put it in the freezer how long does it last? Dry Ice will be my first foray into the world of subzero cooling and I've been doing a bit of research on the actual cooling but not so much on logistics.

All I've read is this: http://www.painenterprise.com/berrycold/storage.html

Is that pretty much the scoop?

It is best to just keep it in a cooler. I am not sure on the science of it, but it sublimates much faster in the freezer for some reason.

Guess this is the answer:
the air flow will reduce the effective life of the dry ice.

Only place around here (meijers) stopped selling it this last year. where do you find it at Krogers?

Here locally you just go to the front desk and tell them how much you want and they get it for you...I would call first...not all Krogers sells DI...

I've kept DI in the freezer by placing it in a ziplock bag with a couple pinholes spread sporatically to allow for ventilation. It seemed to work just fine.

Back