• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

power button cable isnt long enough

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CalsonicGTR

i just installed my new mobo. the cable that controls the power button isnt long enough to connect to the motherboard. does anyone know of anyway to extend its reach so i can connect it

Looks like you may need to do some splicing. Never seen an extension for one of those although they might make them (don't ask me where you would find something like that though).

Otherwise, find some similar grade wire and just splice it in. Make sure you insulate it well so it doesn't short out. Should be fine. If you have an old case or PSU lying around, I'm sure they have some of what you could use.

Merged same post from General Hardware with this one. Try not to post the same question to multiple forums in the future. I understand it was a tough call, but you get the idea. :D

Jon

Back