• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Questions - Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brunel07

Hi,

Im looking at getting one of these to replace my 680i, but I have some questions. My current setup is:

E6850 @ 3.0GHZ
8800GTX
Corsair 750W
Raptors

Am I going to have any issues putting these new components on the new motherboard? I also have 4gb of unbranded ram, but I think they may be faulty so im looking to replace them. Can anyone recommend RAM that would work well with this mobo?

Thanks guys

should be fine on the hardware side - for memory, I'd go for a 2x2GB set of DDR2-1066 unless you're running 32bit windows, then get a 2x1GB set. I like Gskill myself, but there are several goods brands - most "good" memory is using pretty much the same stuff anyway, just different heatspreaders.

Last edited:
i have the same board and your hardware should be fine. i use 2x2gb of gskill pi's 8800's on this board without a hitch. dont go ddr3 still a bit too expensive with little gain. youll love this board it oc's like a dream.

Sorry to bump but im just about to put the order through, is it a good choice?

It is indeed - you might consider the UD3R if you want to pay a bit less but get pretty much the same board. It just has one PCI-e for video cards instead of the two the UD3P has. The board won't do dual x16 anyway, so that's an option. I didn't really care about the cost difference and I knew this board was a proven performer.

Oh, the UD3P has dual NICs, the UD3R has a single NIC

Sorry I meant is the choice of RAM posted in the link in my third post good for that board.

Back