• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with memory Timing overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

camcafe

Registered
Hello,

I have my current E7200 on ASUS P5Q Pro motherboard system overclocked from 2.54ghz to 3.51ghz with Crucial 4gb (2x2gb) PC2 6400 memory at 4-4-4-12 @ 2.0V setting. I am running Vista 64 bit.

Then, I got and installed another 4gb (2x2gb) of OCZ Reaper HPC Edition PC2 6400 memory with 5-5-5-18 @ 1.8v rating. System wouldn't boot as it indicate overclocking failed.

What do I need to adjust the memory timing in the BIOS to achieve the same 3.51 ghz clock speed so I can have 8 gb of memory? Thanks

try running the memory timings at "auto" and set the voltages to "auto" for the time being.

usually this will set the timings to 6-6-6-18, or round abouts. try overclocking with that (i generally find memory has no impact on my overclocks), then if all goes well, set all memory speeds to the OCZ rating (you'll have to say goodbye to the crucial's nice tight timings)

Back