• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3D animation render build with sillent noise reduction M-ATX system.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BatmansHardware

Registered
To last next 5 years.

Processor
Motherboard
Memory
M-ATX design.
Silent.
No audio line hum.

Those are the main things I am looking for.

What I want to achieve here is a system that isn't sending internal noise through USB audio connections. So any component that is a hot signal generator like that I need to stay away from. This means using good gear in my rig. This rig will do two things. It will process audio and process 3D for rendering using known 3D animation packages. The audio processing I mostly do with an external audio USB system. The software I use there won't be pushing the system. I just need non-interference from the hardware inside. Clean audio signals are maintained by the audio processing unit but if the machine hums down a USB cable then it's not the machine I want. I can understand some static noise at cranked volume levels. I just want to avoid a medium volume system hum down a USB line. I also don't want a rig that is noisy with very noisy fans. Cooling is fine. Just not noisy cooling.

I am looking for a very good CPU to take me through the next 5 years.

I have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070ti. I think this is still a solid gfx card for what I want to do. I'll keep pushing this for two more years and then get whatever is new.

My memory is 4 x 2133 DDR4 8GB for a total of 32GB

I am thinking of changing that to 64GB by doing for DDR4 2 x 32. Allowing me to add another two more in two years' time.

So that combination of 8GB GDDR5 video graphics and 64GB of memory should allow me to display and manipulate high-quality models in 3D programs. The gfx card has two fans for cooling and sometimes I don't even see them turn because the system is cool enough.

However, processing power is another deal. That is my bottleneck on a system like this when it comes to rendering. So it's down to motherboard and processor. That is what I am open to suggestions primarily on. Keep rendering in mind for the processor. However, I don't want to do noisy cooling. So no vacuuming fan sounds at any level. It can be cool just not noisy. That means a case-type suggestion is welcome.

I have had very good experiences with M-ATX systems. I don't seem to have much use for an internal optical drive. I have an external system if I need them. My drives are mostly SSD except for one so three drive bay is fine for me.

It will be Windows for me because of my software.

Nothing special. Just fast and good at render processing.

Won't be much different than the suggestions here - https://www.overclockers.com/forums...g-Cubase-and-Focusrite-what-workstation-build

...maybe a more beefy CPU and video card if your 3D animation software takes advantage of it.

The problem with your request, however, is the mATX part. Typically, mATX boards are inexpensive and not quite as robust as some of the full size ATX boards. That said, I doubt most of those boards will cause issues with audio feeding through the USB. While I'm sure that can happen, I haven't heard it on the boards I've reviewed over the years.

If it were me, I would go with something like:

ASUS B550M-PLUS
R5 5600x or R7 5800x
Noctua NH-U12S or Noctua NH-U12A

However keep in mind that with Ryzen CPU's you will want fast RAM with low latencies to maximize performance.

Then again, if it were me I would not go mATX, but for what you seem to need / want it should be fine.

Back