• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dominator PC3 12800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

henzo

Dominator DDR3 1600

Since OCZ has had my rma for over a week now and hasnt even processed it yet, I am going to buy some memory on thursday.

The memory I am looking at is the 3g (3x1g) Corsair Dominator ddr3 1600 set and was wondering if this is a good overclocking set because I am determined to get more than 4ghz from my 920 and the ocz gold was holding me back.

Pretty cheap too at $90 shipped and that is the part that irked me about them. Usually Dominators are retarded expensive and was wondering why these are so cheap.

Or the PC3 15000 6g version for $140 shipped. And this one comes with the fan assembly also.

Last edited:
Purchased the 3g kit just now. Turned out to be $85 out the door shipped. Not bad, hope they work better than the OCZ Gold I had.

Just got them from the UPS man today, so I am testing right now. Running a little prime95 blend then on to some memtest86+. Should post something tomorrow when the overclocking begins.

I got them to stock timings and everything and they are not failing like the OCZ did so, so far so good lol. OC results probably tomorrow, work has been crazy lately.

A small update as I finally got some time to do something.

43ghzcpuID.jpg

207x19
turbo enabled
LLC enabled
HTT disabled
All cores enabled
vcore 1.41v
qpi 1.35v
IOH 1.120v
memory 1.66v
memory multi x8

Got it to be at least 15min prime95 stable at 78c on the hottest core.

Last edited:
Well, I'm guessing that dominator (or corsair in general) doesn't hold you back. Nice clocks and keep them going. :thup:

Well, I'm guessing that dominator (or corsair in general) doesn't hold you back. Nice clocks and keep them going. :thup:

Thanks. That OCZ Gold set I had just utterly killed me before. They have been sitting on my desk for the whole week so far and haven't been outta the package yet. I don't even really wanna put em in that's how mad I am at them. Once they get fully tested and verified that they are not bad, they will probably go up in the classifieds real soon. OCZ has some of the worst customer care I have ever dealt with. No phone contact (just a full inbox most of the time), emails take forever to get a response and they just dont know what the hell is going on over there. Oh well, enough of my OCZ bash. At least they work for some people lol.

Got some advice from the team discussion lounge and will see if it nets me some more mhz. Then it's on to the video card lol.

Last edited:
Really good result Henzo, especially in combination with Turbo mode! :thup:

Are you using default timings?

I loosened them to 9-9-9 at 1656 to make sure that the ram was not a factor in my oc, but plan to see if they will do 7s as 8s are stock timings.

I have some lowend 1333 corsair that will do 1780 with a 1t and run 9-10-10 all the way to 1940 memtest stable. my ocz plat will do 2050 with 9;s all the way to 2050 with 1t. but when overclocking can get max clocks as the ram would be too far past the 2050

Back